At Cooley, we are dedicated to supporting our most important asset – you. Part of what makes us one of the “Best Places to Work” is our commitment to your overall health and well-being. We invest heavily in programs and plans that allow our partners and employees to thrive personally and professionally. Under this umbrella of care for your total wellness, you will find resources to support you and your family – to help you b.well@cooley.
Family leave resources
Birth, adoption and family care benefits
- Primary parental leave – Cooley provides 20 weeks of paid parental leave beginning on the date of birth or placement of a child for primary caregivers. Benefit is pro-rated for employees with less than one year of service. Additional leave time, paid through accrued vacation or unpaid, is available.
- Primary parental leave phase back – To ease the transition for those returning from primary parental leave, lawyers have the option to return to work on a reduced schedule without prior approval for a period of up to six months.
- Parental leave – Cooley provides 10 weeks of paid parental leave beginning on the date of birth or placement of a child for non-primary caregivers. Benefit is pro-rated for employees with less than one year of service. Parental leave can be taken consecutively or on an intermittent basis for up to one year. Additional leave time, paid through accrued vacation or unpaid, is available.
- Family medical leave – If a spouse, same-sex domestic partner, parent or child becomes ill or requires care, attorneys are eligible to take up to 12 weeks of time off per rolling 12 month period. Time off can be taken consecutively or intermittently and is paid via accrued sick or vacation leave.
Daycare, sitters and backup care
- Bright Horizons – Cooley attorneys are eligible for up to 20 emergency care sessions per child per year. Care can be provided in a center near home or work or in your own home. In-home adult care is also available.
- Bright Horizons Care Advantage – Free referrals to center-based day care, elder and pet care. Free membership to SitterCity for in-home care and babysitters. Discounts on tutoring, test prep and homework assistance.
- Dependent care spending account – Non-partner lawyers can set aside up to $5,000/year on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified childcare expenses.
Concierge, errand running and advocacy services
- Leverage Concierge – Free unlimited referrals for personal services including entertainment, travel and vacation planning, event planning, dining accommodations and more.
- Leverage Errand Running – Services include a network of highly trained and qualified concierge specialists to run errands and serve employees’ needs. Errands may include, but are not limited to: car maintenance, holiday shopping/returns, floral delivery, post office services, waiting for utility personnel, etc.
- Health Advocate – Free advocacy service for resolving health and insurance-related issues such as claims and billing questions, scheduling appointments, physician and facility locators.
- Beyond Medicare –The firm provides complimentary consultations with a Medicare specialist who can answer questions and assist with Medicare enrollment for Cooley attorneys or their families.
b.well at ease
Family benefits for all of life’s challenges
- Alternative work schedules – Cooley offers part-time and flexible work schedules to accommodate your family’s needs.
- Mother’s rooms – Private rooms for mothers to express and store breastmilk.
- Breastmilk delivery service – For nursing mothers on business travel.
- CONCERN EAP – Every Cooley attorney and each of their immediate family members are eligible for up to five confidential counseling sessions per incident, per 12 month period, through our employee assistance provider, CONCERN EAP.
- Convenience and well-being services – Including on-site massage, dry cleaning services, and seminars to support a healthy work/life balance.
- Marquee health coaching – Free, personalized health coaching with a qualified health educator, licensed behavioral health clinician or financial advisor. Coaching topics include weight management, tobacco cessation, diet and nutrition, stress management and exercise and fitness.