San Diego – January 6, 2015 – Cooley partner Wainwright Fishburn, Jr. will provide a keynote address at the 2015 International CES Digital Health Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 7, 2015.
The Digital Health Summit is a conference track and exhibition (TechZone) at the 2015 International CES. The Summit focuses on the emerging market of consumer-based digital health and wellness devices, related applications and services. This premier event will expose developers, manufacturers, distributors and service providers to the opportunities, partnerships, business models, distribution channels and standards of the rapidly evolving industry of digital health technologies.
Fishburn's presentation, "Digital Health: Survival of the Fittest," will provide an overview of current financing trends, identify breakthrough business models and lend perspectives regarding the future of the sector.
Additional speakers include:
• Bettina Experton, MD, MPH, Founder and CEO, Humetrix
• Elli Kaplan, CEO, Neurotrack
• Dr. Daniel Kraft, Faculty Chair, Founding Executive Director, Singularity University / Exponential Medicine
• Dr. Phil McGraw, PhD, Host and Executive Producer, Dr. Phil Show, Co-founder, Doctor on Demand
• Dan Munro, Contributor, Forbes
• Dr. Pravene Nath, Chief Information Officer, Stanford Health Care
• Steven Pacelli, EVP, Strategy and Corporate Development, Dexcom, Inc.
• Randy Parker, President and Chief Executive Officer (Founder), MDLIVE, Inc.
• Adam Pellegrini, Vice President, Digital Health, Walgreens
• Aidan Petrie, Chief Innovation Officer, Ximedica
• Kian Saneii, CEO, Independa, Inc.
• Corinne Savill, Head Business Development and Licensing, Novartis Pharma AG
• Paul Slavin, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Everyday Health, Inc.
• Rick Valencia, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Qualcomm Life
• Sonny Vu, CEO & Founder, Misfit
"Rising health care costs and increased regulation necessitate that the health care system moves toward a more patient-centric business model," said Fishburn. "Digital health is operating at the intersection of innovation and consumerism and has the potential to change the face of the health care system as we know it."
Cooley's digital health practice combines decades of experience guiding health care and life sciences companies, software, e-commerce and social media innovators, mobile service and payment providers, health care providers and leaders in the medical technology field.
For additional program details and to view the complete agenda, click here.
About Cooley LLP
Cooley's attorneys solve legal issues for entrepreneurs, investors, financial institutions and established companies. Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and bet-the-company litigation, often where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has 800 lawyers across 11 offices in the United States and China.